Thank you for joining us for our phonics and reading parent session this Spring term. We wanted to share with you how we teach phonics and reading at Corbridge First and provide an opportunity to answer any questions you may have.
We had a wonderful turnout, and hopefully, you feel more knowledgeable and confident regarding exploring phonics with your children after taking part in this session.
Please find attached the powerpoint from the session, and all relevant slides that concern the phonics teaching we will be covering within the early years foundation stage. As discussed, we follow the Read, Write Inc synthetic systematic approach to the teaching of phonics, therefore the powerpoint slides contain images of the phoneme cards we share with the children. These slides also contain the mnemonic for each phoneme which acts as a support for the children’s letter formation, e.g. Maisie mountain mountain.
- Phonics parent powerpoint January 2018.pptx
- Story telling at home and school.pptx
- Word Time 3 Green Words.doc
- Word Time 1 Green Words.doc
- Word Time 2 Green Words.doc
- Word Time 5 Green Words.doc
- Word Time 4 Green Words.doc
- WordTime 6 GreenWords.doc
- WordTime 7 Green Words.doc
- red words 1.doc
- Red words 2.doc
- Red words 3.doc