Payments and Free School Meals
- School Meals Letter - Second half autumn term 2018.pdf
- School Meals Letter Nursery - second half of autumn term 2018.pdf
The cost of school meals is £2.20 per day. Children are required to stay for either school meals or a packed lunch for the entire week.
Meals must be paid for in advance by no later than the morning of the first day of the week and cash/cheques should be sent to school in a named envelope. Parents may pay for school meals on a half termly basis in advance. The cost for the next half term will be detailed on the school newsletter each half term. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Northumberland County Council’.
Please note, if your child's school meals account is in arrears by more than one week, we will ask you to provide them with a packed lunch until payment is received. If you need any information about payment details/amounts due please contact the school office. If you are having any difficulty in paying for school meals or any other school activities please arrange to speak to the headteacher so we can work together to manage payments.
If you need to make us aware of any special dietary requirements please complete a 'dietary request form' and return it to the school office. Forms can be downloaded from this page or obtained from the office.
Free School Meals
Are you Entitled to Free School Meals?
This is different to the universal free meals provided for Reception and Years 1 and 2.
Every family should apply for Free School Meals if you meet the criteria.
If you are entitled to claim for Free School Meals (FSM) it is important to our school that you register for this benefit. Where a child is entitled to and claims FSM we can register them for Pupil Premium funding – this is currently worth £1,300 a year per pupil for our school.
If you have any problems trying to apply for FSM please do not hesitate to call into the school office and we would be more than happy to help.
NCC Website for online application
The eligibility criteria for free school meals has been changed from 1 April 2018.
Who is eligible for free school meals?
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you think you might be eligible for free school meals you can complete the online application form or you can telephone NCC on 01670 623592. The information you provide will be used to check if you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit.