Payments and Free School Meals
- School Meals Letter Nursery - first half of spring term 2018.pdf
- School Meals Letter Year 3 and 4 - first half spring term 2018.pdf
The cost of school meals is £2.20 per day. Children are required to stay for either school meals or a packed lunch for the entire week.
Meals must be paid for in advance by no later than the morning of the first day of the week and cash/cheques should be sent to school in a named envelope. Parents may pay for school meals on a half termly basis in advance. The cost for the next half term will be detailed on the school newsletter each half term. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Northumberland County Council’.
Please note, if your child's school meals account is in arrears by more than two weeks, we will ask you to provide them with a packed lunch until payment is received. If you need any information about payment details/amounts due please contact the school office. If you are having any difficulty in paying for school meals or any other school activities please arrange to speak to the headteacher so we can work together to manage payments.
If you need to make us aware of any special dietary requirements please complete a 'dietary request form' and return it to the school office. Forms can be downloaded from this page or obtained from the office.
Free School Meals
If you think your child may be entitled to Free School Meals, you can apply for this benefit online www.northumberland.gov.uk/fsm , over the telephone on FSM 01670 623592 or by completing a paper application form which is available from our school office or FSM office, Northumberland County Council, County Hall, Morpeth, NE61 2EF or email email@example.com . To be eligible for FSM you need to be in one of the following categories:
To be eligible for help you need to be in one of the following categories:
- Receive Income Support(IS) or Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Receive Income Related Employment Allowance (IREA).
- Have an entitlement to Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit (WTC) and the family's annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) is not more than £16,190
- Receive support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit.
Reception, Years 1 and 2 – why you should still apply for Free School Meals - Since September 2014, all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 have been eligible for free school meals. If you are entitled to claim for FSM, no matter what year group your child is in, it is important to our school that you register for this benefit. Where a child is entitled to and claims FSM we can register them for Pupil Premium funding – this is currently worth £1,300 a year per pupil for our school. Children entitled to FSM are also entitled to
- free milk at break-time for the time he/she is entitled to free school meals.
If you have any problems trying to apply for FSM please do not hesitate to call into the school office and we would be more than happy to help.