- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If you are a close contact for someone who has tested positive we also ask that you keep us informed and follow the government guidelines to isolate and seek a test.
Three categories of close contact:
1. Direct face to face contact for any length of time
2. Within 1m for 1 minute or more
3. Within 2m for 15 minutes or more
When managing a positive case in school we will follow the DFE Early Outbreak Management:
Identify, Report, Respond