School Meal costs - autumn term 2017
5th September 2017
School Meals – First Half of Autumn Term 2017 (5 September to 19 October 2017)
The daily cost of a school lunch from September is £2.20.
The cost for school meals for the first half of the autumn term 2017 is as follows:
Year 3 and Year 4 33 lunches x £2.20 = £72.60
Parents/carers can choose to pay for the cost of the full half term or to pay on a weekly basis (£11.00 per week). Cheques should be made payable to NCC. Please write your child’s name, class and ‘school meals’ on the back of your cheque. If you are paying by cash, please place money in an envelope clearly marked with your child’s name, class and ‘school meals’.
Please note, if your child’s school meals account is in arrears by more than two weeks, we will ask you to provide them with a packed lunch until payment is received. If you need any information about payment details/amounts due please contact the school office who will be very happy to help. If you are having any difficulty in paying for school meals or any other school activities please arrange to speak with me so we can work together to manage payments.
Free School Meals
If you think your child may be entitled to Free School Meals, you can apply for this benefit online www.northumberland.gov.uk/fsm , over the telephone on FSM 01670 623592 or by completing a paper application form which is available from our school office or FSM office, Wansbeck Square, Ashington, NE63 9XL or email FSM@northumberland.gov.uk . To be eligible for FSM you need to be in one of the following categories:
To be eligible for help you need to be in one of the following categories:
- Receive Income Support(IS) or Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Receive Income Related Employment Allowance (IREA).
- Have an entitlement to Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit (WTC) and the family's annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) is not more than £16,190
- Receive support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit.