What is the Sports Fund?
School P.E and Sports funding
The government has provided funding to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
We are always looking for opportunities to encourage the children to make healthy choices and live a healthy lifestyle. We are dedicated to providing them with as much high quality PE as we can. Below are some ways we spend our funding allocation.
• specialist PE teachers/qualified sports coaches are employed to work with teachers when teaching PE
• supporting and engaging the children through new or additional clubs
• paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
• providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
• participating in sport competitions
• buying quality assured professional development materials for PE and sport
The importance of Physical Education:
Physical Education (PE) develops pupils' physical competence and confidence, and their ability to use these to perform in a range of activities. It promotes physical skilfulness, physical development and knowledge of the body in action. Physical education provides opportunities for pupils to be creative, competitive and to face up to different challenges as individuals and in groups and teams. It promotes positive attitudes towards active and healthy lifestyles. Pupils learn how to think in different ways to suit a wide variety of creative, competitive and challenging activities. They learn how to plan, perform and evaluate actions, ideas and performances to improve their quality and effectiveness. Through this process, pupils discover their aptitudes, abilities and preferences, and how to make choices about getting involved in lifelong physical activity. Department for Education