Summer Fete 2017
24th June 2017
Corbridge First School Summer Fete – Saturday 24 June 2017
Gates Open 11.30am - (Entry Fee - £2 for adults/children free)
Corbridge First School Opening Ceremony at 11.45am (all children to be on the school field)
Stalls open from 12 noon to 2.00pm
Come one, come all to the greatest Summer Fete of all! Our Summer Fete is one of the highlights of our events calendar. This year the theme of our fete is ‘You Be You’ – over the next two weeks the teachers are sharing this lovely book with the children to help them understand that everyone has something special to offer and to inspire them to always be themselves. Focusing on this theme, the children will take part in a performance at 11.45am to celebrate their learning and to entertain you before the fete officially opens at 12 noon.
There will be lots of fun activities and entertainment on the day and we are looking forward to welcoming you all. Activities will include pony rides, bouncy disco dome, inflatable slide, birds of prey display and reptile experience! There will be lots of traditional stalls too – tombola, plant stall, face painting, cake and refreshments. We are also looking forward to seeing Molly Stroyan perform with the children from our school who attend Thursday after school dance club and there will be dance demonstrations by Youth Dance Tynedale.
Can you help us/make a donation?
We need lots of help and are really hoping that we can rely on your support. It is really great when parents and carers get involved – the children love it and you will too.
Below is a summary of what we have planned and where we need help. The summer fete is always a popular and very successful fundraiser for the school. All funds raised will be used to update our classroom technology and hopefully, following a successful fete, plans can get underway!
If you can spare us a little of your time please complete and return the attached reply slip by Tuesday 13 June.
Activities where we need help
(a) Class Stalls - the school council met this week and the class teachers and TAs are helping the children take responsibility for the stall their class has chosen to run.
- Can you help run your child’s stall for half an hour?
(b) Plant Stall - Mrs Orrick is organising a plant stall and hopes to also run a stone painting activity
- Can you help run the plant stall? - Can you help with stone painting?
(c) Raffle Tickets
- Can you spare an afternoon to help us prepare tickets to send home with the children? Tickets will be sent home on Monday 19 June
- Can you sell additional tickets around the community or among work colleagues, family or friends – if so please let us know and pop to the office for some additional books.
(d) Face Painting and Tattoos - This is always a very popular attraction so we are looking for lots of volunteers who can face paint on the day or if you’re less confident with the face painting, the tattoo applications are very simple!
(e) Refreshments Stall
- We would love this to be run by our parents and have one super volunteer already! Just offering a 30 minute slot helps everyone do a little and also enjoy the fete!
Can you help with a donation?
(a) Raffle Prizes - We are hoping for your support in acquiring some raffle prizes! If you can source any prizes they will be gratefully received – no matter how big or small.
(b) As well as raffle prizes, we would be grateful for donations as detailed below. All donations will be gratefully received and can be dropped at the school office or taken by the class teacher. We are hoping for…
- Plants / seedlings / cuttings for our plant stall
- Toys, books and teddies
- Tombola prizes – chocolates, wine, toiletries…
- Outgrown school uniforms (to be available for donations rather than for sale)
- Cakes, tray-bakes, cupcakes etc (please drop off on the morning of Friday 23 June or on the morning of the fete - a letter will be sent the week of the fete as a reminder)
Mrs Dobson and Mrs Bowman will be serving some hot snacks from the school kitchen this year too!