- Nursery, Year 3 and Year 4 pay for their school meals.
- Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are automatically entitled to a free school meal, without having to make an application, under the Universal Free School Meal system.
Free School Meals
If you think your child may be entitled to Free School Meals, you can apply for this benefit online at www.northumberland.gov.uk/fsm or over the telephone on 0345 6006400
Eligibility for Free School Meals
The government has made amendments to the eligibility criteria since April 2018. This is to reflect the introduction of Universal Credit.
PLEASE NOTE: Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Provided you have an annual net income of no more than £7,400
- This is assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit: Provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run on: Paid four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit